What's the sector of the economy?
- dredude52Lv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. An area of the economy in which businesses share the same or a related product or service.
2. A group of securities in the same industry or market.
1. Dividing an economy into different like pieces allows for more in-depth analysis of the economy as a whole. Any economy can be divided into sectors, such as the economy of a particular city, or the global economy. The oil and gas sector is an example of an economic sector.
2. It is common for analysts to specialize in certain sectors. For example, at a large research firm, an analyst may cover only pharmaceutical companies. Investment funds often specialize in a particular economic sector, a practice known as sector investing.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Go to www.barchart.com and click on sectors
This should explain it.