Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the major rivers and mountains of Nicaragua?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nicaragua has three distinct geographical regions: the Pacific Lowlands, the North-Central Mountains and the Atlantic Lowlands.

The Pacific Lowlands

Located in the west of the country, these lowlands consist of a broad, hot, fertile plain. Punctuating this plain are several large volcanoes of the Maribios mountain range, including Mombacho just outside Granada, and Momotombo near to León. The lowland area runs from the Gulf of Fonseca to Nicaragua's Pacific border with Costa Rica south of Lake Nicaragua. This region is the most populous. About 27% of the nation's population lives in and around Managua, the capital city, on the southern shores of Lake Managua.

The Central Region

This is an upland region away from the Pacific coast, with a cooler climate than the Pacific Lowlands. About a quarter of the country's agriculture takes place in this region, with coffee grown on the higher slopes. Oaks, pines, moss, ferns and orchids are abundant in the cloud forests of the region.

The Atlantic Lowlands

This large rainforest region, with several large rivers running through it, is very sparsely populated and is the second-largest rainforest in the Americas after the Amazon in Brazil. The Río Coco forms the border with Honduras. The Caribbean coastline is much more sinuous than its generally straight Pacific counterpart. Lagoons and deltas make it very irregular.

Nicaragua's tropical east coast is very different from the rest of the country. The climate is predominantly tropical, with high temperature and high humidity. Around the area's principal city of Bluefields, English is widely spoken along with the official Spanish and the population more closely resembles that found in many typical Caribbean ports than the rest of Nicaragua.

Summary:

Mountains=Maribios Mountain Range, Mombacho, and Momotombo

Rivers: Rio Coco.

Note: There are other geographical features of Nicaragua that are just as important. If this is all you need, then give me best answer, otherwise, send me an email promptly so that I may answer any other questions or comments you have.

I was unable to find any other rivers or mountains. Volcanoes can be considered mountains but not vice versa. I feel the person below has a great deal of useful information, so use his/hers.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Nicaragua Mountains

• 1 decade ago

Nicaragua rivers:

Escondido

Grande de Matagalpa

San Juan

Volcanoes:

Azul

Apoyeque

Casita

Cerro el Ciguatepe

Cerro *****

Concepción

Chiltepe

El Chonco

Cosigüina

El Hoyo

Las Lajas

Maderas

Masaya

Mombacho

Momotombito

Momotombo

Las Pilas

Rota

San Cristóbal

Santa Clara

Telíca

Zapatera

Source(s): I'm Nicaraguan:D!
  • 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are the major rivers and mountains of Nicaragua?

Source(s): major rivers mountains nicaragua: https://tr.im/cpt9e
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.