Driving without full driving licence?

I know someone who has been driving alone having only provisional driving licence, police caught him. In Your opinion what kind of penalty he can receive????? Thank for answer!!!!!

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well this really does depend on where you are in the world

Are you in the UK? if yes read on ...

Every Criminal in the UK ( once arrested and the outcome is cautioned / reprimanded/ remanded/ or charged) the details of that person goes on teh the Police National Computer database or known as PNC. For driving offences (No matter what age the driver committing the offence will go on PNC. So driving with out no licence will mean that the vehicle can be Siezed under the Road traffic act there and then. The offender arrested and details placed on PNC - Points will go on the provisional licence meaning that THOSE POINTS ARE ON THE LICENCE! even if the offender in the future does get a full licence the points will still be there if more than 6 Points then that will incur a ban. It is no set standard as to how many points are issued - speeding is 3 points on a licence, driving with no insurance is 6 points (both can be delt with at the road side. As to other offences it is likely that the judge will look at the evidence and information to be taken into consideration. The likely hood is a Fine and several points on the licence. Its an offence and hopefully the person you know will not do it again.

Source(s): UK Criminal Law Veh recovery - Toad traffic Act ( i forget the exact act)
  • 3 years ago

Driving Without A Licence

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In my opinion he should receive a HEAVY sentence or fine as had he had an accident or injured someone he is not insured. However, looking in our local paper each week he will probably get something like an £80.00 fine and 3 points for a first offence. If he was driving whilst on a ban already then it may be a bit more severe but the courts arent tough enough on these drivers - thats why so many offend - its cheaper to pay the fine than to go legal.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Driving without full driving licence?

I know someone who has been driving alone having only provisional driving licence, police caught him. In Your opinion what kind of penalty he can receive????? Thank for answer!!!!!

Source(s): driving full driving licence: https://biturl.im/yIcYI
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Driving Without A License Uk

• alfie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

If this person you know is a young male we all know the law care more about harassing young male drivers than anybody else. So hopefully he will have the book thrown at him and get a long custodial sentence, thereby setting a precedent which will eventually lead to tougher driving tests and better standards of driving on the roads.

As we enter the rainy seasons I couldn't wish for anything better than bad drivers permanently removed from England's roads!

• 1 decade ago

In the U.K. he will be fined for not being accompanied, plus driving without insurance as it would be invalidated for the same reasons. Will get fined for at least these two charges, plus may get enough penalty points to lose his licence through a driving ban, as soon as he passes his driving test.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Provisional means he can only dirve from home to work and back. If he obeys the vehicle rules - then the police have no reason to stop him, however, I do not know what would happen if he did something stupid and he got pulled over. Each state has their own rules about these type of licenses.

• 1 decade ago

my stepdad just got caught driving without a license, tax, insurance and MOT in a car that wasn't registered to him and only got 5 months, he just got out on monday after 10 weeks cos of good behaviour.

Funny thing was he got done for death by dangerous driving in 1996 and got away with that and judging by the sentence, they didn't take that into account on this occasion.

I wouldn't say its anything serious

• 1 decade ago

it will be a heavy fine with penalty points for a first offence maybe but possibly a ban for a term as insurance will also be nulland

void and that means a secondary charge but who is to say really untill a court date and what kind of judge he will have or what kind of mood that judge will be in

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.