Do you think it is ok to start a business in photography if you are self taught?

I'm taking an on-line course right now. There's not a lot of competition where I'm from. And from checking out their web-sites they don't have photos that come even close to mine. My friends and family have been puching me for awhile now to do something about this. I've done a lot of friends and... show more I'm taking an on-line course right now. There's not a lot of competition where I'm from. And from checking out their web-sites they don't have photos that come even close to mine. My friends and family have been puching me for awhile now to do something about this. I've done a lot of friends and family for a little money here and there. I am currently in a very stressful work environment and am looking for an alternative.
Update: I'm actually taking two free courses right now from the IVILLAGE website. One is called "Fire Your Boss/Start Your Own Business" and the other is called "Getting Started With Digital Photography". There is an advanced version of this but I just missed it. They notify you when it comes up... show more I'm actually taking two free courses right now from the IVILLAGE website. One is called "Fire Your Boss/Start Your Own Business" and the other is called "Getting Started With Digital Photography". There is an advanced version of this but I just missed it. They notify you when it comes up again though.
I'm loving them because they ask you the real important questions you need to think about. And the assingment fit in reasonably with my busy life.