why do slow people always get in the passing lane and stay there?

Favorite Answer

simply put, they are very inconsiderate.

you may also consider the following possibilities:

-they are speed-limit nazis..."i'm going the speed limit, so no one should be going any faster than me anyway"

-they are sadists...they enjoy pissing other people off

-they are cowards...afraid of merging traffic. "i just want to get in one lane and stay there"

-they are just plain stupid...they don't realise that clogging up the passing lane is irresponsible, potentially unsafe, and should be outright illegal.

To all you people guilty of this...have you ever seen the "LEFT LANE FOR PASSING" sign? That means if you are not passing the traffic on your right, you better move over!

I have no idea what you mean. Here on California's big highways there is no such thing as a "passing lane". But the general rule is that slower traffic should keep to the right.

By the way, what's wrong with wanting to do the limit and stay in one lane? That's what I prefer. I am not out to impress people by my recklessness when driving like you obviously are. By the way the law says if you try to force me to go faster than the limit I can have you sued for "False imprisonment" and arrested for "Reckless endangerment". I'd personally limit the speed on all cars to about 75 miles per hour - and I drive a Jag.

When you get to my age (assuming you don't kill yourself driving before that) you will understand.

Source(s): Driving for 43 years.

The same reason people use their brakes on a downhill freeway on-ramp while there is nobody in front of them that cant seem to figure out that they need to speed up and mege into traffic. Then they freak out and cant manage to merge in because they are only doing 45mph and everyone on the freeway is passing them so they panic and brake some more because now they are about to exit off since they didnt merge in. Probably on their cell phone too.

phew :p

I gotta admit I hate slow people.. Really I do..

same reason ppl talk on their cell phones while driving they are ignorant .

Because they see you coming and they want to piss you off.

they don't know how to drive