Lilaidi asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Does anybody know about existential theory?

I am studying Rollo May for one of the theories I will use in my paper.

Favorite Answer

existential theory in context of physchology or philosophy? in philosophy it basically states that we make up our own existence... in psychology, its a method to help individuals understand themselves by mediums of their surroundings.

Some of the basic tenants are that we make our own meaning in life. Life does not have its own inherant meaning. It often involves there being no religious higher power, but some existentialists still are religious.

Great book: Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl, or Notes From the Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. Excellent existential reading.

I have found Victor Frankl's logotherapy to be a great example of the existential movement in psychology - it's worth looking into.

I'm not completelly sure, but I think you can read something about Metaphisyc or Relativity Theory.

I've read something about Relativity and it can help you cause it speaks about the 4th dimension of existency

Excuse me. What is Rollo May? mail me at julionigoche@yahoo.com. Thanks

Look up Jean-Paul Sartre.