I painted my snowboard with acrylics, but now i need to seal it with something. Any suggestions?

I sanded it and primed it before hand, then used acrylics. I must admit, it's gorgeous. But now i still want to use it this winter, and need to seal it with something clear, waterproof, and strong.

Favorite Answer

Normally, when there's graphics involved on skateboards, snowboards etc...a urethane clear is applied over the graphics...I have some reservation as to whether or not everything will adhere ok to the acrylic. Just about any automotive collision/paint shop can clear it for you, for a nominal price (you don't want to handle this stuff yourself, as it's quite toxic). I'd hit it with about 2-4 coats, let it fully cure, then wet sand it with 2000, then Meguiars scratch remover, then wax as usual. It'll be like glass.

Krylon and other spray can clears simply won't hold up to the abuse.

Source(s): airbrush artist. Do write to the following, they may have a special clear that'll do the job proud. www.coastairbrush.com

you should use a sprig sparkling acrylic or polyurethane sealer. utilising a sprig will ward off the acrylic paint from reliquifying and smearing. products like this would could be heavily washed by hand with a mushy sponge in basic terms. there is not any longer something you're able to do to make this an enduring ornament. The extra it rather is used and/or washed, the faster that's going to placed on off.

Varnish you put on doors and window pains... do not PVA glue it. I have a tendency to use PVA glue on anything without thinking. Dear God...

non-shineyvarnish...boat varnish is better and stronger