Where can I find DVDs of an old TV show?

I have 2 granddaughters and would love to get them DVDs of Captain Kangaroo shows from the 1950s. Have looked on Amazon.com, any other ideas?

Thanks to all of you fans of The Captain! I've checked out all the sites and stores you suggested but, there are no DVDs available. The only place is still Amazon.com which has VHS, books and audio CDs. I did find that almost all episodes are in The Museum of Television and Radio (wherever that is!), so maybe one of these days...

Favorite Answer

Wow, I used to love those reruns!! I'm not sure if they have those out on DVD, but I would try Walmart...I know they have a lot of the older shows out. Ebay is always a good bet. If they don't have them at either of those places, I would try doing an internet search for Captain Kangaroo's official website, and writing to whoever I could to do a request to see if they could bring them to DVD. Good luck! =)

If there is a Best Buy near you, you might want to try there. They have the majority of old tv shows on dvd. If not there try CBS website. If I remember correctly the Captain was on that network. If the tapes exist, I'm sure there's a way you can find out on CBS's website.

Hope this helped.

• Tigger

Have you checked E-Bay?

I don't even know if Captain Kangaroo is on DvD. I hope it is!

Maybe a google search will turn up something.

Good luck!

Most big retailers will be expensive. Unfortunately many ebay 'finds' are too expensive also as i have found that most people try to make money on everything.

Your best bet is deepdiscountdvd.com they have just about everything, fairly cheap and NO shipping charges ever.

Otherwise, look in bargain bins at kmart or grocery stores -- they have old shows like you're looking for, for 1.99 etc.

good hunting

If ur in the US, try Netflix.com. They have a very good selection of old and new TV shows.

• Coco

Ebay or do a google search for classic cartoons.

If you live in Queensbury, go to COCONUTS otherwise try Ebay.

Try www.ccvideo.com or www.videocollection.com. Good luck!

try imdb.com and they will let you know if its even available on dvd and where to get it.

go to hastings and see if they can order them for you