who is behind the success of television soaps? the directors , the story, or the house wives?

specific answers.. if directors then why?

Best Answer

Because I've met many of the actors much props go to them. They work so incredibly hard with the material they are given; studying anywhere from 10-30 pages of lines a night. I have to agree some actors are green but many of them are incredible! I mean they don't give out Emmy's to just anyone (which can be debatable!).

I think in daytime everything at one point makes a show successful. Sometimes it is the story for example on Y&R they are doing an Epilepsy storyline with Victor Newman and just started a Meningitis storyline with Devon Hamilton in which the character is now dealing with deafness. Strong storylines and acting like that help contribute to the sucess of the show.

Now you mention housewives as one of the contributors which is true BUT not all soap viewers are housewives. I work full time and watch my shows in the evening (I record during the day) or catch up on them on the weekend. The sterotype that "housewives" are the only people that watch soaps no longer exisits. You would be surprised to know that people such as Shaq and Aretha Franklin are huge fans of the daytime drama The Young and The Restless. As well as many other celebs. And yes I did name a male as being a viewer! They are a part of the daytime viewing audience.

You also asked about directors, I believe they contribute as well. They are behind the creative aspect of how a scene is executed. For example last year on Y&R there was an incredible scene done with the character Kevin Fisher while he was in a thearpy session. The scene was amazing! You only saw Kevin moving around the room talking and heard the voice of the therapist. The execution of the scene was brilliant. I can also use the train crash on General Hospital last year or the hotel fire the year before as an example of great direction.

All in all the sucess of soaps is contributed by many people, not just one person or a small group of people. The shows entire team (actors, directors, stage crew, etc) and the viewers are intragal parts of a shows sucess. Shows like Y&R, Guiding Light, General Hospital, One Life To Live and As The World Turns would not have the long running success they do if the daytime industry did not have the support of many.

I think its a team work persons like editor,producer,actor,writer etc all contributes to its success.But being specific i can say its director bcz he takes the soaps according to his own way,style & his way of presentation makes the story presentable & house wives to view the soaps most.

It's certainly not the directors or the storylines. Most of the story lines are horrifyingly ridiculous and the acting and direction on most of them is a monstrosity. It's gotta be the frumpy housewives.

the house wives as they are free and watching the TV soaps daily. they are the ones who are increasing the popularity of these soaps

viewers do not have time nor patience nor brains nor interest in identifying or suggesting proper serials.while the directors business is to create any level soaps for which the viewers have no option .Directors are making soaps for their earnings and livelyhood

Source(s): self experience plz.

The housewives and old grannies love wathing telly soaps .

they have a great time wathing tulsi bani & parvati every night .

so the viewers r behind the sucess

The 'commercial breaks' between the soaps.

the viewers make soaps popular and the actors make the characters believable .

Unemployment.

the writers