How do you few the Confederate Flag?

I am curious as to how people view the Confederate Flag. I know that people say that it is tied to Southern History, but they never explain its significance. Is this a good or bad significance? I am not asking this question lacking the knowledge of the events leading to the Civil War. I am curious as to how people... show more I am curious as to how people view the Confederate Flag. I know that people say that it is tied to Southern History, but they never explain its significance. Is this a good or bad significance? I am not asking this question lacking the knowledge of the events leading to the Civil War. I am curious as to how people view the Confederate Flag.
Update: Another question that has come to my mind after posting this question is what do people mean when they say the South will rise again? Is it just some statement that we say and don't think about the meaning or do mean it literally? How will the South rise?