Life Insurance testing for nicotine. How long does nicotine stay in your system?

I went on line and purchased a detox kit. I haven't smoked for about 6 weeks. I have an exam scheduled for next week. Has anyone tried those detox kits? Do they really work? Or what do I have to do to make sure that nicotine is not in my system. I believe that I will have blood drawn and a urine test done... show more I went on line and purchased a detox kit. I haven't smoked for about 6 weeks. I have an exam scheduled for next week. Has anyone tried those detox kits? Do they really work? Or what do I have to do to make sure that nicotine is not in my system. I believe that I will have blood drawn and a urine test done that night.
Update: The life insurance is obviously not for me I will be dead when it is collected and FYI I do not plan on smoking ever again... And have no plans on dieing anytime soon either. For a smoker it is more than double a non smoker rate. Again I vow to NEVER smoke again...