Should he brand you?

What do you think about getting a mans name tattoed on your body?

Favorite Answer

I got my man's name tattooed on me when i was 18 and it was a big mistake. A few months later we broke up and I was stuck with his name on me. Never get a man's name tattoed on you. Put your mom or kids name on there instead.

Having a BF/GF's name tattoed can be tricky.

What if the relationship doesn't last? Then what?

Even married couples get divorced. Just look at the celebs that have to laser out their tattoo's, especially when they enter into a new relationship.

If you do get the tattoo, you have to consider how big or small, where and on what part.

Remember, as you age, tattos don't look as hot as when you are young and if you decide to get it removed a smaller tattoo on not so visible area would be better.

When my fiance and I get married he is tattooing a wedding band around his finger with my name in it and I'll be getting his name. If you have other tattoos and are adding to your collection I don't think it's necessarily bad if you two are planning to spend the rest of your lives together. If you are not in a very serious relationship I would definetly say don't do it. Though tattoos can be removed it is expensive and painful and there may be scarying, which means even though the tattoo may be gone the memory won't be. If you two were to break up you would always have that reminder of him which might not be a good thing. I say don't rush into it and maybe wait till your married. The fact that you asked the questions might mean your hesitant and if that's the case forsure don't do it.

Its never a good idea. How you're feeling about him now may change in the future, and another man wont be happy seein ur ex boyfriends name on your body. Besides, to him that means he owns u, and your not a peice of property.

Don't do it. What if the relationship does not work out? You have this great reminder all the time about your ex. This happened to a guy friend of mine who got his wife's name on his back. One year later they were divorced and he had to have it covered up by another tattoo.

• Joe

That just seems wrong on a lot of levels. First, I for one would not want any sort of "ownership" thing going on...I would want someone to stay out of free will...so ownership signs are out. You are a lady...not cattle, best not to be confused about that.

Also, it would just make for a lot of explaining and bad memories if you ever do split up...so I would never get a tatoo of someone's name.

BAD idea. Relationships that may seem rosy and inseparable by nothing are usually the ones that end first. If you're going to do it though, make sure it is easily altered or filled in.

I have one and it is horrible. We broke up and his name is still there. Tattooing a name on your body is a guarantee that you will not be with that person forever! Don't do it!

I would never. Even if you think it is true love, it may not be. I never though my marriage would end but it did. I count my blessings I do not have his name on my body!

your next boyfriend probably won't be too crazy about it. it's generally considered to be just about the cheesiest, flightiest, most fruitcake thing a girl can do with the least amount of foresight possible.