What are your thoughts on hatred in our society today?

We all know hate is alive and well today, even if we don't talk about it. I myself rebuke hate and I accept everyone, but sadly a lot of people don't share the same sentiment. What are your thoughts about the matter?

Best Answer

Whoa. That's a pretty heavy question. I would like to think that someday we could live in a society without it. But that is a very unlikely possibility. There are too many contributing factors to why we hate.

Hate is also a complex emotion. Anger is nine times out of ten the initial reaction to another emotion we feel. For example: You get angry because someone called you ugly. In actuality you feel offended, perhaps insecure. You're now feeling a lot of negativity that in turn, turns into disliking that person, or maybe hating them.

I think the first step to living without hate is tolerance. Because saying the wrong thing can go a long way.

I try not to hate anyone because it hurts me more than it would ever hurt them. It just builds up and eats away at my insides. I think it's sad that there's so much hatred causing so much strife in our world. I understand that not everyone can get along, but I think that we should at least be tolerant of people or just avoid them if tolerance is impossible. Hate is such a strong emotion, I wonder if half the time people don't feel as strongly as it sounds when they say "I hate_____".

I think the worst (for me) are the people whose take on homosexuality is "hate the sin, love the sinner".

I believe that hate is always on the rise when incomes are on the decline. Also it is fostered by the media to support their tactics of crushing self-esteem.

However, I have personal disdain for particular behavior patterns, including extreme selfishness, like people who will run you off the road in order to get where they are going 5 seconds faster. Or people who will hold up the line at the grocery store to go back for items they have forgotten. And people who are willing to put aside or have children to achieve personal goals.

Hate plays an important role in any social network.

There is no way on earth I will ever "accept" everyone.

Just as I love some people, I hate some others.

It's a position that works well for me.

• Punky

Thats funny you ask that question. Last night I saw 2 bumper stickers on the car in front of me. The first one read "Hatred is a Learned Behavior". The second read " *UCK BUSH".

Now go figure!

Hate makes the world go around

I agree with you. Hate is a waste of time! I don't judge on the color of someones skin, the way they look, or their preference in religion or politics.

• x

Hatred is a waste of time and energy.

I can not "hate" anyone, because everyone is my Brother or Sister! (We all started from Adam and Eve...so, think about it!).

If JESUS could sacrafice HIMSELF for all my sins, and not judge me til I am dead, then why judge anyone else, unless they are flagarntly wrong...

I wish you well.

Jese

It's the old Good vs. evil scenario with Good always prevailing, of course!!!!

It's unfortunate,but most hatred is caused by a lack of education.