Anyone any knowledge of asbestos removal? Need to replace soffits and guttering.?

I've been told if I take it down, that's legal; but if contractor does it w/out a certificate then he is breaking the law. How dangerous is "low risk"? Years ago I removed asbestos sheets from a garage roof, having been told by Building Regs. people that the asbestos products were over 90% cement... show more I've been told if I take it down, that's legal; but if contractor does it w/out a certificate then he is breaking the law. How dangerous is "low risk"? Years ago I removed asbestos sheets from a garage roof, having been told by Building Regs. people that the asbestos products were over 90% cement and the asbestos used was not the dangerous stuff, like they used in lagging pipes. Presumably my old gutters and soffits are the same as they were put up 40 yrs ago. I'm now very confused , it seems to be a case of double standards. Any help appreciated,thanks