Is there a hypoallergenic tattoo ink?

My wife is wanting a tribal tattoo on her lower back but she is allergic to chromium. Her doc doesnt recommend her getting one because of this allergy. I want to know if there are any hypoallergenic inks out there that she wouldnt have a reaction to. Please let me know. Also, this is not an opinion poll about whether she needs a tattoo or not. Please, if you want to answer any other question besides the one I'm actually asking, go elsewhere. Serious responses only! Thanks!!

Favorite Answer

Yes, there are!

The only color there is no hypoallergenic ink for is red, so you'll have to avoid that color.

That being said, it's still a good idea to have the tattoo artist put a dot of whatever color inks will be used on your arm and leave them there for 24 hours just in case.

Source(s): ♥ tattoo enthusiast ♥

Hypoallergenic Tattoo Ink

there is, I don't know what it's called, but there sure is! Go to your tattoo artist, and ask them if they have hypoallergenic inks to use. Most of them should! Also, just to be safe, have him dab a little on her skin and keep it there for about 24 hours and see if it causes a reaction or not. Good Luck! And I hope you find a place!

The best advice I can give is to use all black ink beause black ink is the only natural ink used in tattooing. Any other colors have added things to them. Make sure the black they are using is pure and natural black. I'm not too sure if black ink has chromium in it but I can tell you that it is all natural ink. Do not get colors for sure. Stop at a tattoo shop and ask about it. They can probably recomend what is best.

A professional, reputable shop will be able to tell you what types of ink they typically use and whether or not there's an alternative. I don't know about chromium in particular, but I'd expect my artist to.

ask your artist. i've never heard of any containing nickel, since tons of people have allergies to it.

I have no idea. I just wanted to say that I hope you find out and that she can get her tat.