Help playing sims2 on PC.?

I got a computer that is ok. I want to run the Sims2 on my PC but I have only windows 95. Is there anyway to run the game on my PC here are some other states if that matters.

My computer also does not run most programs I download here is a few small details about my computer.

Windows 95

1GB Hard Drive

16MB Ram

2MB Video think my friend said I had an onboard whatever that means.

Thats about all I know about my PC. How can I run the sims2?

Best Answer

Unfortunately, the answer is you can't. If you want to play the Sims 2, you will need a better computer. If you don't think that it is worth it, get a refund ASAP!

I would NOT recommend running the Sims2 on that computer. I have a 2003 laptop, with WindowsXP and more RAM and a bigger hard drive and it crashes every time I go to play it. The older systems were not designed to handle games with such "demands." I would recommend revamping your computer by buying an external hard drive to add on, or even an internal one and play off that, but to play Sims2, you NEED XP. You could also increase your video card, to increase the functionality of Sims2, but after all this is done, you would be better off just buying a new computer altogether. Hope I helped. Sorry it wasn't a better answer. Good luck my friend. From one simster to another....

• ReeRee

There is no way that's gonna work. You need a 3d capable video card, like an Nvidia GeForce series or an ATI Radeon. You need Windows 200 or ME at least, and over 60 megs of video memory. This is the system requirements from the Sims website.

Minimum System Requirements for The Sims 2

If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM then you need at least:

800 MHz processor or better

256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000

At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (an Intel Extreme Graphics or a Radeon 7000/VE Series) then you need at least:

2.0 GHz processor or better

256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000

At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Get the most current driver for your video card. The manufacturers usually have the video drivers on their sites for you to download. Visit the nVidia site, the ATI site or the support site for your computer's manufacturer for the latest drivers for those video cards.

Supported video cards (and the more video memory the better):

ATI RadeonTM series (7000 or better)

Radeon 7000/VE series (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)

7200, 7500

8500, All-In-Wonder 8500

9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800

X300, X600, X800

Nvidia® QuadroTM series

Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better)

GeForce2

GeForce3, 3 Ti

GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440

GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950

GeForce 6600, 6800

Intel® Extreme Graphics (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)

82845, 82865, 82915

• Sal G

Go to the setting screen on Sims2 and turn all the settings to low.