Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

I have Osteoarthritis and I am having a lot of pain deep in my bones. Is Osteoarthritis painful?

My doctor said that it is not but why do I hurt all the time. My legs and hips never stop hurting.

Favorite Answer

I would get another doctor. I also have osteoarthritis in my back, hips and knees its very painful.

Usually, you will experience joint pain and stiffness. The most commonly affected joints are those at the ends of the fingers (closest to the nail), thumbs, neck, lower back, knees, and hips.

Osteoarthritis affects different people differently. One with osteoarthritis should live active and productive lives by using treatment strategies such rest and exercise, pain relief medications, education and support programs, learning self-care, and having a “good attitude.” You would like to check with your doctor to prescribe medicines to eliminate or reduce pain ans as well as improve functioning. However, if conventional medicines do not work, you might want to try out the following.

Heat or cold (or a combination of the two) can be useful for joint pain. Use warm towels, hot packs, or a warm bath or shower to increase blood flow and ease pain and stiffness or cold packs (bags of ice or frozen vegetables wrapped in a towel), which reduce inflammation, can relieve pain or numb the sore area.

Some people have found pain relief using acupuncture, a practice in which fine needles are inserted by a licensed acupuncture therapist at specific points on the skin. Preliminary research shows that acupuncture may be a useful component in an osteoarthritis treatment plan for some patients. Scientists think the needles stimulate the release of natural, pain-relieving chemicals produced by the nervous system.

All arthritis hurts. It is an inflammation in your joints. How could that not hurt? You have a bad Dr.

You might benefit from a glucosomine supplement. A lot of arthritis sufferers believe it works. ???

• Lore

Have your doctor send you to a bone specialist. It is amazing what they can suggest or do. I had it bad in my right ankle. I am in my 4 month since an ankle fusion. I am progressing wonderfully and I have no more arthritis in my right foot or ankle.

Like me. Seems like your body knows more than your doctor.

You need to change doctors now!!! I have it and yes it hurts, alot!!!!

Yeah, I have it too.

It sometimes can be painful.

Take a few Aleve and you should be fine.