Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

If you enjoy American history, I would really appreciate your help!?

We have to come up with a list on explaining how American political independence grew between the years 1690 and 1750!!! What the heck!! That's even before the Declaration of Independence and the "no taxation without representation!" I don't have a freaking clue what to put down so thanks if you do~ I appreciate any info I can get!

Favorite Answer

Not being under the direct thumb of Mother England, the colonists could devise their own political strategies, their own political platforms, and use their own initiative to make life better for themselves and everyone around them. Although the leadership of Mother England might eventually hear of the progression away from their form of government, little could be done from long distance to eliminate any political uprising by the colonists. With all of this in mind, it became easier for the colonists to uproot the Old English established way of political life and forge ahead with a more democratic process.

Source(s): American History before 1865/freshman college course.

Knowing where to start is always hard so I'm not going to do the work for u but I will point u in the right direction. See the arrivals of the new world pilgrims who landed in Massachusetts around 1620 near Plymouth and why they came to this new world. Then work from there to the times and days of the Amistad in Conneciticut and the constructing of the first thriteen colonies. Look for the feelings of the early pioneers of those days to get a feeling on what their political views were and how we evolved from their influences. You'll enjoy the search I guarantee it.

go to www.free-ed.net there is a drop down menu go to american history they have a lot of things right up your alley. Good Luck

Hint: colonization.