how do i get closer to my kids if they dont want to be aroud me?

Favorite Answer

don't ask a lot of question just one or two. When they are around let them do the talking and don't over react play it cool until you get all the info

You spend a lot of time telling your kids to shut up and be quiet. Eventually they do. Be careful what you wish for.

It's a phase. Chill. Someday they'll start talking to you again. Maybe.

Try to find something you all love to do. If you don't know just suggest something like going shopping or do something you did when you were their age. Do not pressure them into doing it. If they are hanging out with a friend that day, just ask them when they would like to hang out sometime!

Find some common interests. My daughter would love it, if, I left alone all the time. But, she is a sucker for board games, shopping, reality t.v. and junk food. So, I find time for something in that area and she's always up for it!

If they are teenagers , expect they'll be that way for awhile and just go with the flow . It's normal .

you could try writing little notes and letters? Try sit down dinners, if you don't do that already, have a family night (Play games, talk, family counsil)

keep trying!

give them what they want and be as nice as you can be