If your religion did not exist, what religion would you be and why?

For example: If Christianity did not exist, I would probably be leaning toward Judaism since it is somewhat similar to my religion than other possible religions. I am just asking a question, I do not want anyone to get upset in any way, if they should. Thanks. :)

Favorite Answer

I'm a Christian and if Christ had not come and so there was no Christianity, then I would be Jewish. But not quite for the same reason you chose. But because in Judaism I would be worshipping the true God.

I was born and raised Roman Catholic but I lean toward two religions today: 1) Judaism but cannot do this because I know Jesus Christ personally. 2) Amish, because I so admire their purity and way of life. However, I don't feel at this stage in my life I could live so simply and by such high standards.

Alas, I'll just try to live as fully Christian as far as the grace of God envelops my life. I am grateful for my Catholic background. My faith is strong and enduring but the ritual, etc. gets in the way of my personal relationship with God.

• Kithy

Pagan. And it would be hard to say. That only leaves me the mainstream religions (as everything outside of those are considered Pagan). So, I would probably be agnostic or atheist, if it came right down to it. (I know! Atheism is NOT a Religion) But none of the mainstream religions "fit".

If I couldn't be a freethinker, I'd be a Buddhist, since classical Buddhism is the closest thing to a free system of religious inquiry of all the world's great traditions.

If my religion (Paganism) did not exist, I would probably be Catholic. Catholicism and Paganism have a LOT in common.

• .

I'm atheist, but if I had to choose a religion I would be Buddhist. I don't know a lot about them, but from what I do know they seem to have it right.

I am an Atheist so if it did not exist I would have to go with Agnosticism.

If there were no Heathenism, I would probably be Buddhist or Wiccan or Helenistic or Shinto.

If there was no agnosticism, I'd probably be an atheist.

If I was unlucky to have Islam, I would be an atheist (as I used to be.)