rachel w asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

pregnant or not (corgi mix)?

This may seem like a crazy question...here it is.. I have a corgi mix age approx. 7 months never been in heat that I have noticed. She is our only pet. My moms dog visits a lot who is a male shitzu. Around 3-4 days ago she started looking thick through her rib cage area. She is not eating much but drinking a lot. there was some fluid on the sofa this morning (clear) not sure if vomit or discharge. I have never had a pregnant dog. My last dog, we had fixed soon after we purchased her and we were planning on doing the same with her.. I dont know what to look for and I will contact her vet also. Could this be signs of her going in heat or a false pregnancy?

Favorite Answer

I'm assuming the male shih tzu is not neutered? It is possible for a female dog to become pregnant at an early age. I would expect, however, that you would have noticed a bloody discharge which is one indication that she was in heat.

It is hard to say what might be going on if it is not a pregnancy. Definitely take her to the vet and he will be able to figure it out.

Good luck!

If she was in heat you would know it! I had a female who didn't come in to season until she was 1 years old. The male was interested in her you would know it. I wouldn't worry about it. The thick stomach could be caused by worms. Good Luck

i hafta agree with the previous answers. any symptoms that catch your eye and are cause for concern should definitely be brought up to your vet. i don't believe your pup is pregnant, but its best to have her checked out by the vet. =)

best recommendation: seek the advice of your vet.