Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!! Please Answer!!!!!!!!! Question Inside!!!!!!!!!!! Answers Appreciated!!!!!!!?

Flirting through aggression??????????????

My best friend is always hitting me playfully. She is a girl, I'm a guy, we are 15, and people keep saying she is flirting. Today, for example, she just hit me in the head with a school book (lol) for no reason. We have known each other for 2 years. First off, do you think this actually is her way of flirting? She doesn't do it to other people. And also, what should I do back? Should I also playfully mess around with her?

Favorite Answer

Yes she's flirting, but flirting like a seven year old girl. You might find this cute.

Yes, playfully mess around with her if you want to - sounds like you want to!

And maybe tactfully steer her away from hitting toward something a bit more grown up - like hugging and kissing ....

she's definitely flirting, she doesn't want to come out and tell you that she likes you b/c she is afraid that if you reject her she'll lose you as friend as well as a possible significant other. If you feel the same way about her, try flirting back, just don't hit her you never if that can get out hand and then boom next thing you know you have a domestic charge against you. If you're interested, flirt back, maybe ask her out on a date, and see where it goes. If you're not, just let her keep on with her flirting, it will stop when you get a girlfriend.

It depends on what you feel about the whole situation, but yes I would consider that as flirting...if you like her mess with her back but if you don't just let her do whatever. She'll get the point in the long run.

I think she is flirting. Kind of friendly flirting. If you like her, flirt right back. If you want to stay strictly friends, I would just play along but be careful because you don't want her to get the wrong idea.

Hitting people is an immature way of flirting. It's just like when you are younger and someone who is so mean to you is usually the one that likes you.

I definitely think that she is flirting very immaturely. It would be funny to ask her right after she hits you: are you hitting on me? (pun intended) If you guys can joke around like that. Are you afraid to ask her right out if she likes you? Honesty is ALWAYS the easiest way to stop wondering about something. Just ask her!

yeaaa. guys do that to me all the time you know running in to you on purpose or playfully punching you. yea its definetly flirting...unless she does it to everyone (but you said she doesnt) next time she does it hit her back (playfully lol) but only hit her back if you want to flirt with her otherwise shes gonna take it the wrong way.

• Sam

Yes, she's flirting. Hitting you is an invitation to "touch" her back.

You don't want to hit her back with a book.

Next time she hits you ... tell her you need her to kiss it and make it better. Than tell her she can kiss you whenever she wants ... she really doesn't have to hit you first.

NO!!! Trust me.....belting her around will get you in Big trouble! I would put a stop to her "playfulness", pal......that is called physical abuse! If she is your "best friend", I would take her aside and tell her in a serious way that you do not appreciate the physical abuse and she needs to stop it! If she doesn't then you need to avoid her......this is not what "best friends" do.

Go ahead and mess with her just go easy. Play but let her be in charge and see what happens. Good luck!