Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

does it hurt when you get your ears periced?

Favorite Answer

when i got my nose pierced they said ears hurt worse

I had mine pierced when I was 18 (and I'm 51 now); it didn't hurt at all, even though I expected it to! Back then, there weren't any shops in malls and such that did it, so mine was done at the doctor; the instrument he used was rather like a hole punch, except that the stud created the hole as it went through. It was literally without pain; all I felt was a little pressure, and I had no problems as they healed. I've occasionally had an earring irritate a piercing, or tear through the scar tissue, but this is maybe a half-dozen times in 33 years. When that happens, I dip a simple stud in Neosporin and put it back in the piercing, then keep it clean until it heals again.

Not really. Just remember to swab each ear with peroxide twice a day. For the first few month with use gold, silver or surgical steel earrings or posts. (Surgical steel if a doctor does the piercing, like I had.) Doing the above steps helps prevent infections.

Source(s): Life

I remember it even though I was like 3 or 4 years old when it was done. I just remember I thought it was like a stapler and my ear was getting stapled. But it was really fast. And picking out the first set of earrings is fun! Mine were rubies.

Sometimes - to me it was the same as having an injection. If your having it done brace yourself for it being painful. It never hurts as much as you imagine. Its the aftercare thats important - keeping them clean so they dont get infected and turning them every couple of hours - you get told about this from whoever does the peircing

Good Luck

Wishes n dreams XxX

nope! just a little pinch! I have my ears pierced 6 in each ear, and then my tragus ( the little hump of cartiledge before the opening of your ear canal) pierced, and none of them hurt! Your ears do get hot afterwards, but it's nothing unbearable!

If you have ever been pinched or stung by a bee, it hurts for a second, then goes away. It is not that bad. I have had 7 peircings and going for another soon.

Well, I personally don't have my ears pierced because I'm a big chicken (I'm afraid they'll get infected) but a lot of my friends have their ears pierced and they say it doesn't hurt that much.

From what others tell me just a little bit then it's over before you really feel it. I can't really tell you because mine were done as a baby,and I have been grateful that my parents did that because I have always been able to wear earrings.Just choose something tasteful not not tacky, and keep them clean.

It hurts when it's first pierced. I've gotten mine pierced 3 times. I sleep kind of wild so they usually would hurt their worst in the mornings. Now getting your tongue pierced ... fate worse than death.