does it mean a girl is a lesbian if she is in her 30s and has short hair and wears a thumb ring?

i do not think so but there are some of my friends who are trying to figure out if our instructor is a lesbian. i didn't ever think a thumb ring was an indicator but they were trying to guess if it meant something. ???

YES! I LOVE all your answers these are great! Like the one who said "that's like saying if you wear glasses it means your mexican" or "also if you don't paint your toenals." So listen, here's why i ask. We're adults (i'm not not teenager) and some of the guys are kinda interested in her cause she's pretty hot. i'm not sure if their wondering if she's a lesbian actually turns them on more or what, lol. but as i said before i don't think these things are indicators but thought maybe i'm not hip enough to know that a thumb ring has a second meaning--remember like in the old days when guys couldn't have their right ear pierced bc. it suppsedly meant they were gay?

anyway, thank you EVERYONE for showing that you are OPEN MINDED and value others to avoid rumors, think logically, etc. Good for you guys :)

• Amelia
    Favorite Answer

Of course. Didn't you know that there is a specific dress code so that they can scope each other out. All lesbians must be in their 30s and they must have short hair and they must wear thumb rings. It is the law. And then stupid teen girls are required to sit and ponder over it as if it matters and as if it were really their business.

• Dragon

No, I happen to know a young lady who has short hair & a thumb ring -and she's straight and happily married. Thus, having short hair & a thumb ring isn't a definitive indication that a woman is a lesbian.

A friend of mine has a theory that the "hotter" a person is, the more likely they are bi-sexual. The idea is that people who are beautiful usually don't fall in one category. Because they are universally attractive to all sexualities, they are also more likely to be attracted to a confusingly broader spectrum of people than the average person who might only be inclined to date within their class of "hot".

A hand analysis site gives this description for wearing rings:

-------------------(snipped from http://palmistry.findyourfate.com/palmistry-finger...

WEARING RINGS ON FINGERS

Rings on the fingers can indicate your inner character.Many rings on the hand shows somebody who is wearing emotional armour and is relying on outer things for their wellbeing.

Forefinger: ambition, need to enhance your ego.

Middle finger: Materialistic nature.

Ring finger: This is conventional and is only noted if there are multiple or large rings adorning it. If this is the case then emotional or creative frustration could be present.

Little finger: It is common to see this in the gay community. Otherwise it could indicate difficulties in sexual expression.

-------------------

Maybe it was the ring of some man in her life (her father?), and it wouldn't fit any other finger.

Just a guess.

I'm over 30 with short hair, and I am straight. I don't wear a thumb ring, but the point is you can't go by appearance. "Gaydar" is not always accurate. Why does matter if your instructor is gay? Spend your time wondering about what you're supposed to be studying rather than the instructor's sexual orientation!

I've never heard of that. But I would not automatically think she is a lesbian just becuase of that.

I wonder what some people would try to stereotype me as, I have rings on every finger, and both thumbs.

I don't think so, I have never heard about the thumb ring thing. I wear a thumb ring and am not a lesbian.

No it doesn't, just like having long hair and no thumb ring is not necessarily an indication that someone is straight.

nop i dont think it means ur a lesbian cuz guys also wear thumb rings have short hair and some are in their 30s and arent married

It is really no ones business. Why do you care to even go there? Could be she isn't really a she. Or maybe she likes short hair and thumb rings, or nose rings, or nipple rings, or whatever.

No , When someone is different than what is known as the norm people's first thought is usually bad . I say who wants to be like everyone else .