As a beginning runner,how many day should I run?

I run 6 days a week.I jog for 15mins and run for 10mins a day.Besides I work out for 3days a week.

Should I change the schedule or go ahead as it is?

Favorite Answer

do 2 miles a day, 5 days

You should get two days of rest and run 5 times a week. The workout should should be 45 mins. Maybe even just jog for that period. Otherwise if you want to get in shape your runs should consist of a warmup at a jogging pace and then maybe 30 mins of running at a moderate pace since you are just a beginner. Then end the workout with a cool down which is just jogging for about ten to 15 mins.

The pleasant recommendation I can deliver is to take it effortless in the beginning. You are not able to cross out for your first day and take a look at to run 5 miles, that is simply now not functional. And for those who do, you'll be able to study to hate jogging and the possibility of quitting is going up plenty. Beyond that, there are a couple of different matters you will have to maintain in brain: one million. Hydration is continuously major, so make certain that you are ingesting tons of water considering there may be not anything worse than being dehydrated whilst you are a ways from residence on a run. two. Listen for your frame. If you are legs are fairly sore, that suggests you have to leisure. The final factor you desire to do is to get injured. There's not anything incorrect with taking a leisure day; actually, they are fundamental for constructing staying power. three. Running is a lot more amusing and pleasing in case you have a pal with you. You're a lot much less more likely to blow off workout routines in case you have a pal there encouraging you. I additionally incorporated a hyperlink to the Couch to 5k Program, that's for whole inexperienced persons. But I consider it'll nonetheless have well strategies for viable workout routines for you that mix strolling with jogging

Hi, your schedule is fine. Now! the only area you need to watch is if your legs start to bother you. If you're running/jogging on a hard surface you need really good shoes. If your shins start to hurt slow down to walking until they are healthy again. Then go to softer surfaces or reduce the amount of time you run/jog. You definitely do not want shin splints (microscopic fractures in the shin bones)

• blah

That's a fine workout schedule.

Of course, if you want to start racing 5Ks or something like that, you may need to pick it up a little. But if you just want to run to relax, stay in shape, etc. this is perfect.

It all depends on what you want to get out of it.

go aheeeaad. leave it for a while. maybe in a few weeks, you might want to make it a little harder if you're trying to get better at it. but if you're just doing it to keep in shape, you're fine!!

I think you are doing fine for a beginner, but as you do it more, you should up the workout time more.