is it normal for me to feel this way?

There's a guy I REALLY like. I'm almost 100% sure that I have no chance with him though, and that hurts. He is cousin with my bestfriend. Sometimes I think that I should tell my bestfriend what I feel toward his cousin, so he could ask him what he thinks about me. But I don't know, I'm pretty sure he will say he doesn't like me that way, and then I'll just feel stupid... Is it normal for me to feel this way? What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

I am 17 in case that matters.

Favorite Answer

Yup, very normal.

I have no idea why you would think you have no chance with him. You will never know if you don't find out. By the way, don't ask your friend to ask him. Why don't you just find a way to talk with him and see if you can just go have some fun together. Asking someone to go do something doesn't mean it has to be a date. Just find something you are both interested in and go do it. Don't make it a date, make a friendship thing and then see what happens. Why put so much pressure on yourself and him to try to go straight for dating?

Here is a hint for you - many young guys are just as afraid to ask a girl out as a girl is to ask a guy out. They don't want to hear no any more than you do.

I think it's normal.

I say you should tell him straight on. You've got to tell yourself that there might be a day that you'll regret not telling him because you'll wonder what could have happen. Even if you might get hurt it's better than not knowing. I know because I've been there, he rejected me, but I was happy in the end because now I know and I've moved on.

You cant help what you feel just tell your best friend what you feel and he'll probably tell his cousin and you never know maybe he has feelings for you too. Or just give it some time hang out with him and you never know maybe he'll end up liking you. Take a chance!

yes. i know how that feels.. its like wanting something u just cant have. but just try to be friends with him and when u get closer if ur a really nice person im sure he'l go for u..but atleast try. u wont loose nething.

Yeah it's pretty normal to have crushes at 17. The only way you will ever know if he is interested in you however is if you ask him.

its competely normal! im a guy, but still i was in a similar situation. even if he doesnt like you, youll feel better about getting it off your chest. besides, he may like you. theres always a chance no matter how small.

Yes, it is normal to feel this way. i think u should ask your friend to ask him about it. mabye he does like u after all but was nervous u wouldn't like him.

that same thing is happening to me. yes, i feel that way, if it helps....

but i still regret not telling him...

he moved across the country to california and i regret not telling him.

so does that answer your question?

File in the "fear of rejection" section.

(It's getting mighty full these days)

very normal

i feel that way too about my him him

Source(s): lds.org