whats faster a snail or a slug?

Favorite Answer

Snail

CT

Slugs are faster

Slugs are snail's shell-less relatives.

The main advantage to having no shell is speed: snails are obviously very slow, but slugs are much faster, so they can locomote faster to reach food or shelter. The disadvantages are that there is no shell to provide protection from predators and extreme weather conditions. Some slugs are posoinous to discourage predation.

A slug is just a type of snail without a shell.

• Nick

Slugs.

I have never heard of eating slugs but I have been with people who were eating snails. Slugs can't be caught or something.

French restaurant. I was eating frog legs there.

Snails are slugs with a shell on them, so slugs are faster because they don't have to lug that heavey shell around with them.

umm... whether they don't look to be in a similar 'trojan horse race' thign i did a reprot on slugs and snails and that i placed a snail beside a slug and that they the two moved somewhat them comparable %. so it definitely relies upon yet i think of the slug using fact they dont have a shell on thier backs to weigh them down

Maybe we should get one of each and arrange a race!! lol. Here is an interesting link on snails and slugs anyway.

http://oregonstate.edu/Dept/nurspest/Limaxmaximus....

Source(s): Internet

A slug because on monsters inc. the slug was moving pretty fast with the mop, and they don't have a shell.

• Azul

slugs are snails without shell .. so they travel faster cos they don't have to drag that shell on snails

I'm just guessing here, but I'd say a slug because it doesn't have the shell so there's more of it to slither with.