Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 1 decade ago

should i get it?

We went to a reptile show today and there is aparently a ball python for 30 $.Should I get him/her?

Favorite Answer

No.goto www.petfinders.com

Ball pythons are awesome and beautiful creatures. I like all types of animals, but did you know you have to put live mice and other creatures to feed the ball python? I don't think I could bare doing that! They also grow pretty big and sometimes if threatened they can squeeze the life out of other family pets like dogs/cats/birds or even your neck if let to crawl about. If you do your research on them and feel that this is the pet for you, go for it, but if the temptation of a snake for $30 lured you in, I guess it might be better to stick with a poster of a ball python for $5 instead. Whatever you decide good luck!

If you know enough about them, sure. Research and find out. By the way it isn't cheap I've seen many others of that price. I personally have never wanted a ball python because every time I've seen one they are always curled up and not moving.

Source(s): Pet stores.

reptiles are a lot harder to take care of than people think.

they require special lighting, cages and food and care.

if you don't know anything about them then i would say NO. don't start out with a python or iguana.

if you have never owned a pet then start out with something easy to care for like a guinea pig or mouse.

if you absolutely have to get a reptile get something small and easier to take care of. your local pet supplier should be able to help you make the right choice.

good luck.

For $30 you will be getting a wild caught or farm hatched python. These options are not the best for getting a quality pet.... unless you feel like paying to have it dewormed. Spend the extra and ensure the one you get is captive hatched.

Source(s): I know these things..... Ok, really I have bred reptiles for 12 years.

If you know about snakes and how to handle them and keep them healthy, go for it.

If this is your first snake, get something a little easier to raise, like a corn snake. I've had several snakes and loved how smooth the corns felt.

Balls are a little on the ornery side and don't always like to eat.

Do you know anything about snakes and how to care for them? They aren't just novelties, they have to have a certain kind of care. Also, you have to think about the long-term of it. Are you ready to keep it for a very long time? They are too often just turned loose and because they have been kept in captivity, they aren't able to care for themselves in the wild, not to mention the fact that they aren't from here. You have to decide if you are ready for the responsibility and if you know what you need to know to care for an exotic pet.

No. If you're needing to ask, then you aren't ready yet.

Go home, get a cage togetehr (with proper supplies), read about them on the internet, and then go to a petshop and buy one for around $50-$60.

Don't buy one on impulse just because its cheap. Get prepared and then buy one.

I defently wouldn't even though I think snakes and lizards are awsome. Because it might have an infection or health problem they usually cost more tham that.

yes thats a good price for a ball