Car of choice for...?

Been looking around for a car...What model can u suggest for me? Something that is budget-friendly, convenient but stylish for my lifestyle: part-time graduate student, full-time nurse. Preferably an SUV and something that saves on gas and is appropriate for the driving conditions in TX . Do you suggest a brand-new or used car?

Favorite Answer

For your lifestyle and daily usage, I would suggest that you buy

a new Toyota Corolla 1.6 Sedan, which is a very reliable and easy-to-drive car. It's long lasting with a high resale value and low in fuel consumption. The Corolla, a car with the least problem on the road, is perfect for your requirements.

Don't wait any further. Get it today!

• Maggie

I like Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4, both are SUV's and supposedly very good cars and they ride nice. The Toyota RAV4 is about $7,000 less than the CRV (new). KIA has a nice SUV (forget what it's called) and Honda has a new one called Element, although it is a little boxy looking and I never drove either one of them. Good Luck on finding a car whether new or used. I've been looking for a few months now and plan on going again tomorrow. Sundays are always good days for car shopping.

i own a repair shop,and i think a good used one would be good to start off with,the best ones out there right now are the ford explorers and the Chevy s-10,s are good also and i think the very best one of all is the Subaru Forrester's there really good and last a very long time,and they don't require a lot of maintenance to keep them up,and they are also really good on gas ,and that's what were all thinking about right now ,, but all of the ones i mentioned are good ,and also the jeep grand Cherokee is a real good choice for a all around good vehicle,and also cheap to operate,if i were you id go out on a car hunt,and see what i could find that was priced good and one that suited my needs don't buy one because me or someone else tells you its a top rated vehicle,,because the one you buy could be a real lemon,,id look and see whats out there,and then decide on it,good luck i hope this help,s.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.

Honda CR-V. Great gas mileage. It's a honda, so it'll definitely be reliable. It's an SUV, but its small enough to achieve very impressive gas mileage. Probably not a brand new one, but only if its outside your budget.

New is not budget friendly. I drove a new 2001 Focus, which happens to be a great car, but there were TONS of recalls for this and that part. That got annoying.

wow that sounds like my life but I am in WI. I love my Saturn Vue. Its cute with good gas mileage plus the used car lot at saturn is nice. Good luck

chrysler 300.......that's all i can tell you