tweety071973 asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

I can take in unwanted birds in michigan?

I can take in unwanted or birds that you can nolonger take care of. I live in lower mich acd can drive up to about 1 1/2 hours to pick up.

Favorite Answer

I admire what your doing for our feathered friends!!! Contact your local animal shelters and human society and let them know of a way to reach you, as well as some f the vets in your area. You can also look in the newspaper for "free to a good home" ads! Thank you for your kindness!

• mcgoon

i might want to signify both a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500. you'd be properly served through both, and also you gained't spend everywhere close to $a million,000 on both one. Any shotgun can use slugs, even a smoothbore. you should use rifled slugs with a smoothbore barrel, and sabot slugs with a rifled barrel... yet a rifled barrel is virtually worthless for shotshells. the outstanding aspect about both the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 is that you'll purchase a slug barrel for both one, and by no skill spend better than round $100 and fifty. i might want to recommend you elect a 12 gauge. certain, you're a extremely small female, yet i have considered babies use a 12 gauge with out authentic situation. that's going to likely be much better versatile than a 20 gauge, actual. As for no matter if you need to elect a youngsters form, that relies upon on what suits you ultimate. And why a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 over a Remington 11-87? because pump shotguns can digest fairly a lot any shell you feed them. some semi-vehicle shotguns do not feed 2 3/4" shells properly, because they're made for 3" turkey or duck plenty, or a minimum of for heavy plenty. Many semi-automobiles do not feed properly with gentle plenty that you would use for small recreation. With a pump, you aren't to any extent further searching on the burden to cycle the action. You do the artwork, and with practice, you'd be able to cycle the gun virtually as quickly as someone might want to shoot a semi-vehicle. Plus, both the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500 are about as sturdy as they get.

That is a great thing to do, I try to do the same thing in the Boston area. One person called me on easter sunday, and insisted that if I didn't come right away they were letting their 'keet out. Apparently is was too loud...what are people expecting when they get a bird?!?

have you checked the local humane society? sometime they get over crowded with birds.