Becoming a Fashion [magazine] Editor?

ok, im in high school right now, and have my mind totally set on going into the fashion editing business after. I NEED HELP!!! What classes should I take? Any fashion tips I need in high school so I can get some practice? What kind of attitude do I need on the job? Can you say internship??? Let me know what's on your mind please I need advice. :]

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You will need a college degree in journalism and 2-5 years of experience as a writer / reporter to become an editor. You would need the same to become the editor of a sports, hunting, hot rod, food and drink, yard care or "Regional" (San Francisco Live, Houston Doings . . .) magazine.

So, take the college prep course and ask your guidance counselors which colleges in your price range have a strong journalism program.

Your local newspaper may have a program for teens. Ask them. Your high school paper may let you do a fashion article.

Best of luck!

===========================

Later:

Learn to spell, too. The answer before me, "your aiming to high", meant "You're aiming too high . . ." but now he looks like a dufus. Your prose style sounds like you dot your i's with little hearts, but at least you didn't make any really bad grammatical mistakes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your aiming to high. Start with fashion contributor

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.