Has anyone flown or own a Cessna 182 or 206?

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems or would share their experiences with one of these 2 planes with me.

Favorite Answer

done most of my time on the 172, but had a go once at an old 182 taildragger. Great aircraft with a wee bit more power than the 172 + variable pitch for the props. I never flew the 206 but flew the 210 centurion, a great aircraft, little larger than the 206 with retractable undercarriage and no struts.

i currently own both aircraft and love them. the 182 is a very stable and fun plane to fly. the 206 is also stable and fun to fly but it's in my opinion the most versitale GA plane that you can buy. All of the seats come out very easy. i can have mine out in 5 minutes. there very study plus you have all the cargo space and the cargo doors. the only other piston GA plane that has cargo doors is the Beech A36 but they cost way more than a 206. the 206 is also one of the few planes that can carry 6 people in it. you can put 6 people in there and you don't have to worry that you don't have enough power to get of the ground. trust me, iv had 206's since i was 25 and i would not trade it for anything. i also saw that you were interested in cirrus and piper, im guessing your a new pilot looking to buy a plane? everybody is buying a cirrus because they have the parachute in them. the reason they have it is because they can't recover from a spin and without it the FAA would not certify it in the normal aircraft catagory. if you need anymore help just email me at N206RK@yahoo.com or mjrcorp@yahoo.com

I have flown a 182 but not the 206. 182 is predictable but lacks the responsiveness of a low wing plane. A stable flyer.