Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

What water are you using to mix your babt formula,tap or bottled?

• noone
    Favorite Answer

Tap water is monitored and regulated while bottled water is not. As long as you don't live in the country and have well water. I would use the cities tap water it is better for you.

For both of my children I used a water filter like Brita. I used the kind that had a spout. So I would fill it up and it would filter and have the container on the counter so it was room temperature. So there was no need to heat or cool the water. I always found room temp formula best for my kids, they never had any spit up problems because the formula was not too cold or too hot.

When we lived in town and had city water, I would buy the bottled Nursery Water, but now we have water from a cistern and it's cleaner than the city water, and my son is older, so we just use the tap.

Unlike city water, though, it's not fluoridated, so at his 6 month appointment, his pediatrician put him on vitamin drops with fluoride.

I used to boil tap water and then put it into the fridge to cool down..... for the formula .... now a days my kids love it when they come home from school and find the water jug in the fridge full iced cool boiled water YUMMY!!!!!

bottled or tap water but just make sure u boil the tap water before u give to the baby

Our pediatrician said that tap water is better because a) it's regularly tested, and bottled waters aren't (remember the benzene in Evian to-do a few years ago?); and b) it contains flouride, so it's good for their developing and emerging teeth.

I alternated between distilled, spring, and boiled tap water. Jut to be on the safe side. Tap waater has been argued to have too much floride for a baby.

I would use Spring water if it a newborn

If a few months older then I would use tap if its city. City water has flouride which is good for the baby....make sure you still boil it though.

Source(s): Had second baby 7 weeks ago

Boiled Tap water is fine and is recommended by most doctors.

PS do not store it in milk jugs as they are one time use only and the plastic will leach into the water

I used bottle water. My water is not good at home and bottled water is good. Just make sure if the water does not contain flouride, they do have flouride drops for this. Just ask your childs pediatrician what is best to use.