Is IT REASONABLE FOR A GUY TO ADMIRE ANOTHER GUY?

I mean. Doesn't he sound gay? He said he admired me? Don't you think i should kill him? I hate gays.

Favorite Answer

Unless he said he admired your penis then why is that gay? You should think about why you hate gays so much. Were you molested and now feeling insecure about your masculinity? Are you attracted to men and feel that they are a threat because you feel tempted? Hating gays so strongly is a sign that something is off with you and other people will take notice.

Hey, CHILL! No reason to feel so hostile because of his comment. You should feel flattered even if he was in fact gay. Nonetheless, he is still a human being and if anyone likes you-you should take that into consideration and feel flattered. No big deal! You should NOT hate anyone, gay or straight. And the killing comment is very uncalled for. If you have that much hatred towards gays then you have a lot of issues to deal with. Maybe YOU are gay and in denial! You need to let all that hatred and anger away and get a life and move on. When he said that he 'admired' you that can mean a lot of things. It can mean that he likes your character, he likes you as a person, your life, your choices, the person you are as a whole. Does not neccessaily mean he is gay. Just be flattered regardless of what way he used the word admire.

P.S. Get some professional counseling. ASAP!

What? Don't be daft. Firstly, of course one man can admire another. I'm straight but I've got lots of friends I admire -even some gay ones. It doesn't mean I want to go to bed with 'em. If this person says he admires you take it as a compliment - if he's gay just let him know your not but try striking up a friendship. You say you hate gays? Why? Is he a good person? Does he harm no one? If so, what else matters?

Of course it's possible for guys to admire other guys, but admire in what sense? For example, I admire some of my college professors because they were enthusiastic about the subject and were great teachers, surely that does not mean I'm gay.

• salome

well there are other reasons why guys admired other guys not because he is gay, but due to he might be popular among girls, famous for his attributes, powerful enough to be look up to him, well built and physically fit. those are reasons why other guys think they are better than themselves. so don't think of it as a gay thing. take it as a compliment, be his mentor and who knows you might ended up the best of friends, no matter what his preference is. maybe he idolize you, have you ask him that?

you should not "kill" cause you probably better off than he is. and if he is gay, he would not approach you that way. then, admire means good, he did not say "attracted" or "loved" then its another topic..

plus, you should not hate gays, they are human just like you, they are experiencing identity crisis, we should feel for them cause they are trying to find their selves. as long as you inform them you are straight, they will not bother you like what you are thinking.

If anyone including guys tell you that the admire you, then you must be doing something right as a person and a friend. Guys need to see positive role models these days.

killing him would make it a hate crime which would put you in prison and become somebody's b$#ch. you don't have to be gay to admire somebody. you've never admired another guy. its not even gay to say that another guy is a good looking man. makes me wonder if you're gay.

Admiring and wanting to have sex with are completely different. Can you admire your father for being who he is? If you do, does that mean you want to do your father? Maybe you have been an inspiration to him somehow, but from the sound of your post I doubt that. Sounds more to me like he was mistaken for admiring you and you are an idiot.

1st of all you shouldn't kill anyone because of their sexuality!!!! If a male admires another guy it doesn't necessarily mean that he is gay. It just means he is fond of you.

Admiration is non-sexual. In the sense that one admires someone for their qualities. You might admire a man in your family, no gayness involved. Now, if he says he admires your ***, then that might be more to think about, K?