Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why is Bush and Republicans raising my retiree military medical premium by 50 PERCENT!!!?

Damn, 21 years served any now I get it up the __ by Bush and Republicans.

Read your Afterburnwer newsletter dudes!!! And then call me a fricken Democrat liar!!!!!

THIS IS FACT: IF YOU'RE A RETIREEE GETTING YOUR AFTERBURNER NEWSLETTER YOU'LL SEE I AM NOT LYING!!!!

• dstr
    Favorite Answer

well he is the decider

No they are not but probably should. Military retirees after 20 yrs pay only 12% of the cost. Federal employees pay 33%.

The Washington Post in July 2006 called it unnaturally low premiums that cost 37 Billion dollars a year - 8% of the total budget of the Dept. of Defense, but 2012 it will be 12% of budget.

We have trouble funding our soldiers in Iraq & Afghanistan because Democrats will not vote to increase Defense budget. I think we must set priorites of the monies we have. Civilians have paid from 50-100% of their premiums - 18% does not seem unreasonable. I am a mother of an Officier & have many

family members retired from military but none after only 20 years did not work other jobs. If you joined at 25 yrs old you retired at 45 yrs old, stop whining since no one raised your rates .

How is the showgirl work going? That is what you say you are on profile.

Source(s): Washington Post
  • loux

the subject appropriate now may be the government and Federal Reserve could use "resourceful accounting" to show inflation isn't going on. the reason being the government borrows by advertising Treasure securities at a fastened pastime. Admitting inflation reasons the pastime to advance, and bigger pastime on a $14 trillion debt could be a disaster. That of coarse potential no COLA advance because of the fact of no inflation. base line is they are protecting their very own buttes, on the cost of those that want the upward push. coverage companies can quite show inflation and bigger costs, so as that they get authorized for fee will advance

Do you have any idea how expensive health insurance and care is? It is growing at rates way above inflation. I am sick of people who want something for nothing.

Remember this when you vote in November and vote against moderate Republicans and Democrats. Democrats are run by trial lawyers who want people to sue. That is how they make money. Look at John Edwards, 2004 nominee for VP. He made millions suing companies for whatever he can get. We need tort reform now. Protect insurance companies and doctors against frivilous lawsuits and their costs drop quick. Their costs drop and so do yours. Do you know that OBGYN's have insurance costs at $100,000 or more? That is a lot of cost to cover, then include rent, staff, supplies, etc. and they have to clear $500,000 just to break even. This is why your premiums have gone up so much.

Thats funny, I'm a 21 year veteran and they haven't raised mine. You must be special somehow :)

Might I call BS at this Juncture? I don't see mine being raised, I doubt you are a Veteran if you are telling these fibs...

I am retired from the US Army and my medical premium

hasn't went up, maybe it's because I am a Republican and damn proud of it!!!!!!!!!!

Can you please provide a source for this story. Until then it will be considered a lie.

War is not cheap.

• Ah Ha

Why are you lieing?