Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

my husband wants to move us out the area I dont want to what should I do??

I have a 12 yr old daughter and we have moved her 5 times in 3 years she is back at her old school and is shy has a hard time making new friends she is from a previous marriage we also have a 2 yr old I dont want her to have to move again and this is causing alot of problems he wont take a lower paying job or different kind someone help me

Favorite Answer

Why are you two moving all over the place so much? Is he in the service? If his company has you relocating all over the place that's one thing, but if he's just moving cuz he can't hold a job or whatever that's another. Maybe he needs to start commuting to work rather than move the family. He also needs to start putting the family first. Quit thinking of just what he wants. Your daughter will be in HS soon and she'll need some stabilty in her life before that.

What can't he keep a job? Do some math and figure out how you can afford to stay where you are for the sake of your kids with less money. Do you also work? If not, maybe you could get a job to help pay the bills. Good luck.

Negotiate.

If I move, what assurances will I have that we'll move again. Next move to be permanent?

What will satisfy your daughter if you move? What can you do for her in case you move?

What will happen to your marriage if you don't move? What are the consequences?

Make the best choice considering all the options. If you move or don't move, make all the effort to satisfy the person adversely affected.

Why does he want to move? Without knowing his reasons, it's impossible to know. My general opinion is: both people must agree or the answer to any big life change is no.

Your husband needs help. At some point it stops being about us, the parents, and it starts being about the kids.

well, you should talk to your husband about it! don't let him make all the decisions without a voice of your opinion! you should try to at least find a better solution!

You should take control and say your moving is going to ruin this family.Then you should ask why he wants to move anyway.

sit down with him and look at the + and - weight them out and go from there good luck

Ask him to compromise and also ask him if there is anyway around not moving.

Talk to your husband and tell him how you feel. Good Luck!!!