xsylvuniax asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

do you know anything about permanent hair straightening? how much it costs and where can i go to do it in ny?

• teri
    Favorite Answer

Well, if you're talking about TR, thermal reconditioning aka japanese hair straightening, then its going to cost a lot more than $40. I'm currently saving up some money to get it down in LA. You usually pay per hour and it takes several hours. I've heard of prices anywhere from $200-$700 depending on length and hair type. Here's a website that explains a little more about it and gives several locations in new york.

http://www.newyorkbeauty.com/thermal_reconditionin...

i can't tell you how much its going to cost and most stylists will only tell you after a consultation. Shop around to find the best prices. Go to someone who specializes in this because i have seen many people get screwed. They end up with straight hair with a bent in the middle or their hair gets totally fried because the person doesnt know what they are doing.

Also, just a warning, when you grow your hair out after this it can look funny because you'll have straight hair with new curly hair growth at the top. its hard to wear this natural, so you'll either have to get it redone, which can cost the same amount or even more, or use a flat iron.

Also, bring a magazine or two if you get it done!

Well, its called the Yuko system. Theres a Toni & Guy salon 673 madison ave N.Y 10021 U can ask them if they can do it for you, im not sure if its available in all states though. Its not cheap at all, although I dont have the prices I just know its expensive. Also when your hair grows out a few inches u have to pay the exact amount of how much you did it for the first time around so in the long run u should just buy yourself a hair straightener and do it yourself.

I payed $80 for it a few years back and I regretted it. It took a toll on my hair and after I washed my hair there were still curls in it... so much for permanant straigtening... I do not recomend it. It is not worth the money, you're better of buying styling creams that assist in that sort of thing.

My friend got it done for about 40$. It looks suuuuuuuper nice, and works really well. Usually, you can get it done at about any hair salon, and since you're talking about ny, it shouldnt be that hard to find a place that will get it done.

my cousin is going to do it she cecked it out and it cost like 400.00 dollars and it ca be done at almost any hair salon.it just depends on the salon.

my friend did it and it fried her hair....not to change your mind or put you down...just saying..