Does anyone know how to unlock cell phones so I can use it with a different carrier?

I have a motorola i860 with nextel, but i want to use the same phone now that i have tmobile?

Favorite Answer

I'll give you a website I have used!

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/roadwarriorconten...

look on the right for your mak/model....then scoll down and fill out the info....pay and they will send you the code....

Source(s): I've done it!!

you have to request the unlock code from your phone company (nextel). Sometimes even that doesn't actually work, but it's supposed to. Good Luck.

• huezo

definite, unlocked potential that the cellular telephone may be used on any community. now if u % to purchase a telephone on ebay becareful and study the high quality print under the outline, make beneficial the broker is a power broker or extra useful, and verify on the comments others have left them while figuring out to purchase merchandise off them. i tell u this from journey the 1st telephone i offered off ebay screwed up and the 2d replace into working high quality as much as 3 months then i had to bypass into the shop to easily get it swaped for a sparkling telephone. with the aid of the way I honestly have verizon. sturdy success!

Go to any market and find a mobile phone stall and they will unlock it for you, takes about a minute and costs about a tenner. Some local phone shops will also do it.

I don't think it is even compatible with tmoblie. I'm pretty sure most phones are exclusive to their phone service companies only. And even if you could, for the most part it is illegal!

hope this helps! (: