help with my memory on my laptop?

i have a laptop that came with 128mb and the total i can used is 512mb....

so i bought a 256mb so i can have 384mb until i buy another 256mb anyways

i added the 256mb and my screen was balck when i turned on my laptop so i took the 128mb from its slot and replaced with only the 256mb and when iturned my laptop on it worked just fine so i addded the 128 mb on the other slot and still a black screen i CANT use both memory cards together and they are the same brand kingston and is a good brand if not whats a good brand to use

my question is if i did something wrong or if theres something wrong

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Favorite Answer

you need two of the same sticks (i.e. 2x256MB or 2x128MB) and of the same company and speeds. Kingston, Corsair, Patriot, and OCZ are really good companies to get. Make sure that the memory is of a compatible speed with what your laptop takes. DDR400, DDR333, DDR2-567... Hope this helps.

Source(s): Experienced computer builder/modder

The two memory types are not the same - the laptop can work with the 256 MB or the 128 MB by themselves but not together.

http://www.crucial.com will tell you the correct RAM for your laptop. Your laptop may work with two different speeds of RAM only if both are the same.

The memory is not compatable. Leave it out and make sure you purchase the same type when you get the next chip.

theres something wrong with the flash cards

sorry i know nothing

but tell the teachers at school

they will help

Source(s): do it