This fat kid at school makes fun of himself when people make fun of him. Why?

All the kids call him fat and he just makes fun of himself too. I see him cry sometimes when he is by himself. Why does he do that?

Favorite Answer

Ever thought of stopping them picking on him?

you chose what kind of person your going to be, make a wise choice and do the right thing. people are idiots, whether they're 12 or 112. its sad but true fact. you dont have to be one of them.

Being once a child picked on at school for being fat, I understand where he is coming. He figures if he goes along with it it will make the others think that he goes along with what they are saying and perhaps they wont pick on him as much but then he cries by himself because it hurts him not to be accepted. A word that may change his life, be his friend, reach out to him, it may save his life. Most kids who are picked on commit suicide in which I had problems with tendancies. Understand that he may have a terrible home life that causes him to be that way or it could be a medical problem. Make a difference in his life and he may be the next president or someone important that will help humanity. Or that he find a safe adult in school to talk with that would help him.

It's typical behavior and very sad. He laughs along with them in hopes of acceptance even though it hurts him. Kids are so damn mean! A funny thing I noticed at my 10 year class reunion was that some of those who made fun of others while we were in school either got fat or got ugly. Now that's karma!

• lennie

Oh, how sad and how cruel kids can be. He probably does that to show them it doesn't bother him, but meanwhile inside he is crying out help me, Maybe someone should befriend him or speak to a guidance counselor on his behalf. He needs to be accepted to show others just because I'm overweight doesn't' mean I can't do anything.

because thats his way of hiding how he really feels from others. I did the same thing when I was over weight. I became the class clown, including making fun of myself to make friends because I wasn't gonna get them from my good looks! lol it also hides their insecurities. when you're young, kids judge by looks... not personality most of the time... also, many people get to the point that they believe it and show it.

Source(s): experience

He doesn't want them to know that it really bothers him. Altho he is using the best method to deal with others, he hasn't learned how to deal with his size or found a solution to his weight problem. His weight is a problem for him, and he needs help in losing the weight.

Maybe he wants people to STOP making fun of him so he makes fun of him self leading people to think he doesn't CARE if they make fun of him or not so people get tired of making fun of him and stop.

I've been there... He makes fun of himself because it makes him feel accepted and it makes it feel like people are laughing WITH him rather than at him... that's why I did it anyway. When you are alone... It's harder to lie to yourself.

because he thinks if he laughs too, it is all a joke. he probably uses it to hide behind, b/c any tpye of ridicule hurts.

that is his way to cope with the insults he is getting kids can be very mean....