Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

Is there any way you can pierce your own naval?

Favorite Answer

yes get a needle any one will work and then burn it to sanitize it then bit your lip and pierce it through, it really hurts hella bad i recommend getting it done at a shop but whatever you choose. that way will work and make sure that you use ice to numb the area first the wash the blood off clean adn thourouly and put neosporin on once it stops bledding then keep it clean, very very clean. naval piercings get infected very easily. make sure to not to take the ring out for at least 6 weeks or longer or it may close. good luck

Well, i've done it before, people said it wasn;'t safe, but w/e.

What I did was I took a regular sewing needle, and soaked it in a small bowl filled with hydrogen peroxide, along with the jewelery I was going to put in the peircing, so it wouldn't get infecting.

After that I got a couple ice cubes and numbed the area I was going to pierce, and then took the needle and just basically slowly peirced it. If the numbing goes away, just get a few more ice cubes and just numb it again, without taking the needle out.

Finally, after the piercing is finished, soak a cotton ball with more hydrogen peroxide and rub it over your naval, just for safety. Quickly put the jewelry in, to keep it from closing up.

Thats how I did it, and it worked out fine. Good luck!

Well, yes, you can pierce nearly anything with a sterilized needle and sterilizing solution. You would have to get a high quality stud to put in, and then just push the needle though and use ear piercing cleaning solution to prevent infection.

• I'm sure there is, by why take that risk? You can get it done professionally for like $20.

buy a piercing needle

• If you do it by yourself, you run the risk of permanantly paralyzing yourself so do what I did and get it done professionally.

if you truly wanted to you could but it is very unsafe and unsanitary i would go to a tattoo place to get in done

you could if you wanted to. but i definitely wouldn't recommend it. getting it professionally is much safer and healthier for you.