I have 02 honda 750 shadow why does it pop on deceleration with a load?

Favorite Answer

There is a mixture screw on the "side" of each carb. Turn each screw 1/2 - 1 turn out (counter clockwise). That will richen up the fuel mixture of the idle circuit.

Shadow 1100's & Kawasaki 750 Vulcans do the exact same thing. Richening up the mixture fixed those also.

• Nomadd

The gas mixture is set really lean on those to make emissions standards. That makes a lot of bikes pop when you let off the gas. Sometimes you can find a mixture adjustment hidden beneath a plug. Sometimes they try to make it impossible to change the mixture. I bet you can find some Shadow groups on the net that would cover that kind of thing.

my bike also pops, it's the sudden change of mixture in the cylinder, nothing to worry about, i kinda like it! as above, if you looking to adjust the mix you can prob find it, however you might notice a change in performance.

good luck!

Matt

• have you or someone altered the exhaust? if so you may have to have the carb re-jetted