Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 1 decade ago

Are all English people this rude?

Below is a recent post in the Australian section, and I was wondering if this is how all English people are?

"From a Pom. If Australia is so effin great why is half the population in London's Earls Court. Aussies only"

Favorite Answer

I apologise for the rudeness of some people, they have to have a target to deflect their own lack of self respect on..

from a pom, think you guys are great.

No, not all English people are rude. However, the tone of the response is such that I'm wondering if the question (which isn't shown) was equally rude and contained some sort of put-down to the English - that might well explain the outburst, though it doesn't entirely excuse it. Rude answers often come to rude questions.....

BTW, OP- You must surely realise that there are polite and rude people in every country. Why ask a question to which the answer is so obvious? In fact, a question or observation like that is pretty much racist in itself - and all it does is bring latent racism out in others - for example the guy above who states that not all 'poms' (derogatory) are rude, but that many/all are 'whingers'. Pathetic stereotype which provokes exactly the sort of comment the OP is complaining about!!!!

Nope we do have a few dickheads but I love the Aussies i used to live there and am over there Saturday for my Australian brothers wedding also i love the Aussies even more if they follow the Sydney city roosters

perhaps the aussie population in Londons Earls Court only went there to urinate, to preserve their beautiful country.

I wouldnt worry about the transparent skinned monkey known as "The POM", they are subject to brash comments lacking any intelligence.

I am a POM and have lived in Australia for fifty years I love both countries but I am afraid many POM's are classed as whingers and many of them are, but rest assured the majority of POM's are like me nice old things who in Australia will greet you with a G'DAY mate or in England will say core blimey how are you today.

There are 5 nice English people left in the world, but they are all they are scattered all over the globe. I think I saw one hiding behind my fridge earlier this week. I'll keep an eye out.

No we are not, and Lobster has the correct attitude in as much as there is good and bad in every nation. A great deal of people are rude to others irrespective of where they are from and they can be especially rude to vegetarians and vegans!

not all of the english are that rude but 75% of the popultion in the uk is

no no no!! if you told about you being from Australia i would be like that's so cool. how is it there and stuff like that

Every nation has black sheep