kneegr0w_j0hn asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Get braces for a while, then get Invisalign ?

Is it possible to get braces for like a year and a half (because my teeth are EXTREMELY crooked and crowded)...and then get invisalign once my teeth are straight enough ?

Favorite Answer

If your teeth are bad, get braces. If you later change to invisalign you will paying twice. Plus, invisalign is more expensive then regular braces. So you will be better off staying with braces.

• ?

My kid (who's 16) has had braces for about a year. When he first went in, we asked about Invisalign and the Dr. told us that people w/extremely crooked/crowded teeth were not good candidates for this type of brace. Bummer! Stilll, you could get a 2nd opinion....

okay...heres what my orthodontist told me.

you're better off just getting regular braces. why? he said invisalign takes TWICE as long. so i wouldve had braces for 6 years instead of 3. and that would suck. and besides...braces REALLY aren't that bad. trust me. you dont want something on your teeth any longer than you have to. if you had braces for a year and a half, you'd be better off keeping them on for another six months or so and then you wont have to worry about invisalign.

i hope i could help a little bit!!!

Source(s): me. braces wearer for 3 years.

Yes, this is absolutely possible. I would suggest you find an ORTHODONTIST who also does Invisalign and perhaps you won't get the full fee for each treatment charged, as suggested in another answer.

well i have braces and im in 8th grade and its almost been 2and 1/2 years since i got braces. it would be twice as expensiove to get braces then invialign...just stick with one or the other. braces arent even that bad.