Do you always need to have the last say in a conversation?

Whenever i am disscusing something, or arguing about it, I always need to be the last to say something. Its even "well..." when I have nothing to say and have been prooven wrong.

Does that ever happen to you?

Favorite Answer

Let's be honest: It happens to everyone from time to time.

Some guy here said "Don't let anyone rent space inside your head for free." I think trying to have the last word is a way -- often not very successful -- to keep that from happening. Because you know you will replay a confrontation in your head later, and you don't want that image of someone else having the last word on you being etched there. It doesn't feel good, ever.

I wouldn't necessarily call it immature. But learn to be a little more zen about it, and you'll see more peace. Put more energy into thinking sharp and being correct, than in having the last word on someone who has caught you out for lazy thinking or sloppy implementation.

• amp

Well, yes I suppose. I admit I'm a control freak. I prefer to have the last word. Especially when it's a really good one. Of course if the other person's last words were "Ok, you're right." then that's pretty cool too! Tee hee!

not always, but there are sometimes that i make sure that i have the last say.

I think in arguements i need to have the last say. This is what makes an arguement go longer.

• Mike S

I prefer NOT to have the last say... let the other person have it. I think it's considerate to let others have the final word. (Of course, you don't have to share that final thought... keep it private.)

sometimes let the other person have the last word its not as annoying

No, sounds pretty immature to me ~~~

no

• fayem7

no