gear2575 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

90 gallon salt water, switching from fish only too reef. Coral Life T5 10k, how much more light do i need?

Acrillic tank, sump w/ bio balls, skimmer + fluval with carbon and filters, 70 lbs live rock

Favorite Answer

most store will tell ya to do expensive lighting.. i did a 180 gal with 4 double bulbs t5 light.. the double comes with 1 10k and blue actinic. if u are going to do more expensive corals , then u need the high $$$ stuff. if u are doing star polyps, mushrooms, button polyps, anemones ,nice low end stuff, then add a double t5 strip .. take the blue actinic bulb and put it in your single strip and put the 2 10k in the double..but check out the corals u want to do before u buy.. oh, once u get corals in it don't run the carbon all the time unless u feed your corals bout 3 times a week

It really does depend on the corals you want to keep. If you are going to try and keep SPS, clams and anemones they require alot of light. LPS and softies dont require as much light. I'm running T-5's on my nano and I have assotred zoas, leathers, an anemone and some xenia.