Has there been any DNA research or finds of people in the bible or torah?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not that I am aware of.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I've never heard on any finds on people from Biblical times probably cause they didn't mummify or embalm their dead like the Eygyptians did. Their have been findings like the tunnel of Hezekiah, an ancient fishing boat that might be from the time of Jesus, and there's many that beleive that the Dead sea is the location of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

• 1 decade ago

There's been a load of archaeological evidence,Amorite clay tablets talking of Joshua,a paving stone with Pontius Pilate's name,an archway that was inscribed 'House of David',Solomon's stables.More recently,Caiaphas' (the priest who tried Jesus)bone box .There's another bone box(after they rotted in those caves,they'd take the bones and put them in a smaller limestone box)that says "James brother of Jesus",but it hasn't been authenticated yet.The bones are to old to get DNA from.Maybe one day we'll find a guy frozen or something.

• 1 decade ago

as far as I'm aware, no one in the bible or torah were conducting DNA research.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Shossi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Note on one of the replies on here-----------there cannot be a legitimate vessel with the writing, ''James brother of Jesus'', because it cannot be real-there was no letter ''J'' in the Hebrew alphabet, or the Aramaic alphabet.

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.