DcanDoll asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

has anyone tried the scarsdale diet?

how many pounds have you lost? have you kept it off?

Favorite Answer

Tried the Scarsdale diet years ago when it first came out. I lost an average of a pound a day just like the book (old book) stated you would. However, I could not continue on such a strict diet and did not remain on it more than 2 weeks. The weight came back as well. I only needed to lose 10 pounds back then, 20 years later, I needed to lose 112 pounds. Stop with these types of diets where you lose and gain the weight back plus some. I lost the 112 pounds the natural way, changing my eating habits to healthier choices and exercise, it took me 1.5 years to lose it.

There are three main ways to lose weight quickly.

1) Use only water as liquid and eliminate all other liquid drinks from your diet. You must drink as much water as possible every day. You must drink about half of your weight. If you have weight of 200 pounds then you must drink about 100 oz of water.

2) The interval between the eating is very important. If you eat once, then you must eat next after 4 hours. You must take breakfast regularly. In the night eat your food three hours before going to bed.

3) Walking is very good. You must walk as much as you can. Walk everywhere you can. Use of elevators and escalators must be reduced and instead of these you must climb stairs more often.

These are some of the fastest ways to lose weight. By just following the simple steps, you can lose your weight very quickly. You must consult your doctor if want to change your diet or exercise routine.

https://tinyurl.im/aHOBB

Here are some changes that you can incorporate into your life now that will take some weight off, and more importantly keep it off.

Drink more water

Don't drink any soda, even diet soda has a lot of sodium [salt] which will keep water in your body.

Eat more fruits and veggies, less processed food and fatty meat.

Cut out the junk food. Learn more here:

I agree with the answer above. You will lose weight on scarsdale, but you won't keep it off. It's too restrictive to continue for more than the 2 week time you are supposed to do it. Weight watchers is not as fast, but you will learn about good eating habits and you will be more successful in the long run.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

has anyone tried the scarsdale diet?

Source(s): scarsdale diet: https://shortly.im/RBK94

I am doing this Scarsdale diet for myself and going to modify it into todays time. Update the

eating plan.

Not all fruits are equal. Some fruits are high in carbohydrates and they will not help you to lose weight.

The low carbohydrate fruits tend to be fresh (unsweetened) berries, There are many fruits that can help your weight loss progress. Learn here:

It is a waist of time going on diets you cant live with for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. if you cant do it forever, dont do it, try weight watchers!!!