anyone spacin out in front of your class well teaching?

just asking.....

Favorite Answer

I had a teacher space out while teaching. She was like 80 years old (no exaggeration) and I was freaked out. I thought she was going to die or something. And I was 30 and in college; I really was freaked.

Turns out she had a weird illness and had to go to the ER that night and spent 3 days in ICU! She told us about it the next time she came to class.

Sometimes I do, but never for more than like a second or so. I burped while talking to my students after lunch. I played it off by saying, "Surely I'm not the first teacher to burp in front of you." They got a big kick out of it. When I space out, it's usually because the student reading out loud is reading entirely too slow. My mind sometimes wanders.

Do you mean do people daydream WHILE someone is teaching? Sure - I think we all do. I think it's far more likely to happen in classrooms where students are forced to sit still and listen instead of being actively involved in their learning. I believe that learners are responsible for themselves. The best I can do is offer an engaging learning environment. If they choose to daydream, that's their business -- as long as it doesn't infringe on the learning of others, and as long as they don't expect me to help them catch up after they've spent their time daydreaming.

maybe you had better lay off the drugs, find a new profession or at least do a better job of planning.

• rpoker

yah Me! they drive me nuts i hate all of them.