Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

what do you like about Americans and America????

Favorite Answer

i don't like america. well i guess its cool, but americans! all they do is brag about america and that noeone can die at a amusment park in america! all the do is show off!:-(!

I love the pioneer spirit in people like Steve Fosset & Burt Rutan. I liked it enough to become an American in 2004 - depsite the clusterfork that is the federal government. This IS a great country.

As for those people who complain about the USA taking the name America - what else IS America, except the USA ? USA+Canada = NORTH America. Then the "other" continent is SOUTH America. the bit inbetween is CENTRAL America. But the land area with the best claim to the title America is - the United States of AMERICA.

If by America, you mean the USA, and American you mean US people, I DON'T like their habit of borrowing the words "America" and "American" for themselves.

To answer your question, there is nothing I like in general of a country or of all its inhabitants as a whole. I like individuals, not national groups.

Freedom of speech, the right to vote, clean water to drink, education,competent doctors and health care... Where my parents were originally from, they were not allowed to vote nor speak their mind against their government. To do so, would mean to be killed or sent to prison. America is not perfect, but looking at other countries who do not have the resources we have here, I know I am lucky compared to what my parents had to go through in their homeland.

hello Black Ash, I like Americans for their blend of naivety, and their vicious self interest. The Country has some great places and scenery, but is disappearing fast under overdevelopment and behind a haze of blue oil smoke. In person one on one Americans can be funny, generoud and even humane, but are totally addicted to group thinking in stereo types. ( well not each and every one of them, but a lot of them)

I like the freedom. Not to sure about the americans even though I am one.

*insert same old american hating phrase every other person from every other country uses to bash america* Yep.

I don't think america can answer that, its only a country. In its criteria it does not talk :)

• Hamish

Not much, sorry. Too violent and arrogant.

They pay for welfare! I bring familia